Upgrade to Windows 10 to remain secure
As of January 14, 2020, Microsoft no longer provides security updates or support to PCs running Windows 7. If you rely on any Windows 7 systems, your data may be at serious risk from viruses, spyware, hackers, and other security threats.
We recommend you upgrade to Windows 10 to mitigate risk, enhance user experience, and improve your technology environment overall.
How can I protect my business?
The first thing to do is make a plan around your current IT solution, and upgrade to Windows 10 wherever possible. Windows 10 is a free upgrade from Microsoft that can be installed on a wide variety of machines. This latest upgrade from Microsoft will make your machines safer and more efficient than ever.
What does this mean for my current IT solution?
Windows 7 will not stop working; you can continue to use Windows 7, but you’ll be more vulnerable to the aforementioned security risks. Your computers will continue to operate but will stop receiving security and feature updates.
Support for Internet Explorer on Windows 7 devices is also discontinued and many browser-based applications will cease to function in IE on Windows 7.
Our solution depends on Windows 7, what can we do?
Talk with your vendors to find out if and when they are releasing a patch to support Windows 10; they should be prepared for this discontinuation.
Recommended action plan:
- Assess the risk of not upgrading.
- Check that your hardware is able to handle the upgrade.
- Test whether your mission-critical applications will work on Windows 10.
- Assess how your internal and external networks work with Windows 10.
- Let your team know about the upgrade and any potential disruption.
- Assess whether or not you need new hardware or software upgrades.
- Put the upgrade into action, and train your team accordingly.
The end of Windows 7 doesn’t have to be a pain point for your business.
We are happy to talk through your current IT solution and try to help you find the best way forward. Get in touch with Insource today, and let’s see what we can do.
Email us at email@example.com or call us on (781) 235-1490